The Hostel Convento de San Francisco is a renovated hostel located in the old Franciscan Convent, recently refurbished by the Junta de Extremadura for this purpose. It is located in the old part of the town of Zafra in Extremadura, right next to the Plaza Grande . This hostel on the Vía de la Plata is not exclusively for pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago, as it also accepts other types of tourists, and has a bar and restaurant service where inexpensive meals are served, as well as private rooms in addition to the shared dormitories with bunk beds.
- Address: C/ Fuente del Maestre, 2 06300 Zafra (Badajoz).
- Phone: (+34) 680 663 806 / (+34) 924 036 245
- Ownership of the hostel: Junta de Extremadura / Private Management
- Possibility to leave when closing: Consult us
- Availability: all year round.
- Opening hours: Open all day.
This information may vary from year to year. We recommend to inquire with the accommodation