Tui (or Tuy), is located in the south of Galicia, specifically in the region of Baixo Miño. This beautiful village has an old town of great value, declared a Historic-Artistic Site. It is home to oneof the most famous cathedrals in Galicia: the cathedral of Santa María de Tui.
In addition to all its natural, heritage and historical elements, Tui is also an outstanding place for being the point chosen by thousands of pilgrims annually to begin the route of the Portuguese Way of St. James. Tui is a border town, separated from Portugal by the river Minho. Since 2012 Tui and Valença do Minho form a Eurocity.
Tui is a place that has been inhabited since prehistoric times. From the castrexa epoch, are preserved at the top of the Monte Aloia sites of forts. Subsequently, since the Romanization, many peoples and cultures have passed through Tui, such as the Romans, Suevi, Visigoths, Vikings, Muslims and Jews, who left their mark and built the history of the city. It was even declared one of the 7 provinces of the old Kingdom of Galicia, around 1500. This is due to the importance of Tui during the Middle Ages, which has left us one of the best historical centres in Galicia.