We start the stage following the course of the P-980 road, which joins Frómista and Carrión de los Condes in a straight line. After passing a couple of roundabouts we arrive at Población de Campos, where we can make a small detour to visit the hermitage of San Miguel.
We leave the village, where we can stock up on supplies if necessary, we cross the Ucieza River and we arrive at Revenga de Campos. In this small village we can appreciate emblazoned houses of the XVI century, in one of which Carlos V spent the night. We cross Revenga and without anything to emphasize we arrive at Villarmentero de Campos.
From here we have two alternatives:
- Option A) Follow the road for 7 km until you reach Villalcázar de Sirga.
- Option B) Return to the riverbed and follow it along a path of willows, poplars and poplars to the hermitage of the Virgen del Río. From here we return to the road and reach Villalcázar.
In Villalcázar de Sirga, we can visit the Templar church of Santa María la Blanca, outstanding for its 13th century façade, which has been declared an Asset of Cultural Interest.
The remaining 5 kilometres of the stage are unremarkable. We follow the C-908 road which we leave just as we enter Carrión de los Condes.
Unless you are in a hurry, we do not recommend extending the stage to Calzadilla de la Cueza, as Carrión is much more culturally interesting and has many more services.
Places of interest
- Hermitage of San Miguel – Población de Campos
- Ermita del Socorro – Campos Town Hall
- Santa María la Blanca – Villalcázar de Sirga
- Church of Santiago -Carrión de los Condes
- Royal Monastery of San Zoilo – Carrion de los Condes
- Garlic soup
- Pardina lentils with chorizo sausage
- Castilian Soup
- Menestra Palentina
- Snails Palentina style
- Rabbit in the hunter