We start the stage from Puebla de Sanabria, the town that gives its name to our Way; we go round the old town and cross the Castro river by the road towards Lubián. Along a dirt road we descend to the river bank, advancing parallel to it. Passing a factory, we join the national road and continue to the village of Terroso, passing by the church of Santiago.
We cross the A-52 motorway over a bridge and continue along a dirt track, on a very pleasant green stretch. We take a path to the left that leads to a beautiful forest. We return to the motorway and after crossing a bridge we arrive at Requejo. From the cemetery of Requejo we see a crossroads, the arrows of the cairn lead us to the beginning of the path, straight ahead. (Cyclists must follow the road)
The path ends at the foot of the AVE viaduct. We reach the old road and continue to Padornelo, where we find a bar. We leave Padornelo by the road towards Lubián, crossing the motorway and the road by an underpass. We turn left onto a dirt road. After crossing the river we access to Lubián, located in the Alta Sanabria, where we find the
Sanctuary of Tuiza
declared an Asset of Cultural Interest
In the almost thirty kilometres of the stage from Puebla de Sanabria, we will find services in Requejo, where there is a bar-restaurant at the foot of the national road, and in Padornelo, with a bar in the village and a restaurant at the exit towards Lubián.
Places of interest
- Church of San Mamés – Lubián
- Sanctuary of the Virgin of Tuiza – Lubián
- Castro de Muradellas – Lubián
- Cortello de los Lobos – Lubián
- Fuente de la Concha – Lubián
- Octopus á feira with cachelos
- Cod and trout
- Sanabresa Alistano veal meat
- Deer and wild boar meat
- Slaughter products: sausages, salami, mondongos, picadillo, etc.
- Heather honey
- Seasonal mushrooms
- Baked apple
- Fried milk, roscones, pastries, torrijas and fiyuelas.
- After the meal: Cherry or herb pomace.